Ai Weiwei（ @aiww ）Tweet Quotes 1 （June 2009—July 2010）
1. It does not matter children suffer from kidney stones or abnormally big heads, and it does not matter children have been abducted, buried alive, poisoned or lost their virginity, what matters is they remain mentally pure.
June 10, 2009 12:30:31
2. I solemnly declare that here comes a name-calling era, and we would curse the enemy softly to death.
June 11, 2009 08:00:39
3. Grabbing a rapist was labelled anti-China, questioning shoddy constructions which caused the loss of children was labelled anti-China, exposing contaminated food was labelled anti-China, revealing whatever chaos was labelled anti-China. Child trafficking, HIV-positive blood donation, sweatshop coal mines, law-enforcement agencies violating laws, fake news, corruption, unconstitutionality, green dam censorship system, so long as revealing these issues were labelled anti-China. Are you a human being if you are not anti-China?
June 14, 2009 08:29:18
4. The party has been testing the people. You got censored on the internet, you got duped at school, you got cheated by the press, you got poisoned by toxic drinking water, you got laid off, you got deceived by the doctor, you got blown up on the bus, you got deprived of your land, you got your house demolished, you got sold out, you got buried, you got raped, you got fucked up by security, assistant police, armed police and police in general, you got cracked down on and you got hospitalized in a mental institution. How the fuck do you withstand the test.
June 14, 2009 08:47:33
5. There were no ballots, no education for all, no health insurance for all, no press openness, no freedom of speech, no freedom of information, no freedom of migration, no judicial independence, no media supervision, no independent trade unions, no the military which belongs to the country and no constitutional protection in the past 60 years, leaving behind only “I Fuck You, Motherfucker”.
June 14, 2009 09:10:39
6. Overturning police cars is a super-tough workout physically. I enjoy this sport event which probably is the only sport event I like, and I will definitely participate in.
June 15, 2009 18:46:59
7. There is no doubt that one day we will put on trial those who had persecuted the people, including implementors, sympathizers and those who turned a blind eye on persecution. Sometimes I would be naive to assume that the festivity will not come too far.
June 20, 2009 00:39:16
8. Is there anything more breathtaking than ending an era of evil and decay? This was the real reason that aroused the Llama sexually. For this, we should be grateful to this era, in which ordinary people obtain the strength and possibilities from the internet to prove it is happy and full of joy to long for freedom and justice and it is our birthright to enjoy freedom of choice and freedom of speech. Whoever endeavors to sabotage it is doomed to die.
June 20, 2009 08:37
9. 在这个国家，暴力不仅仅是对普通人的生存权利的剥夺，更是对人的表达权利的剥夺， 包括质疑的权利，问讯的权利，知情的权利，政权不惜一切代价的摧毁为了获得这些权利而付出的努力，死于暴政之下的死亡是没有尸首的。
9. In this country, tyranny deprives not only ordinary people of their rights to life, but also their rights to express their opinions, including the right to question, the right to inquire and the right to know. All the efforts to acquire the rights have been destroyed by the authorities at all costs. People who died of tyranny had no place to be buried.
June 21, 2009 10:17:46
10. Internet Boycott is a viable premise. It is time as well as event, and is a perceived behavior. It is binding instead of booing. The change starts with me, and we need actions, feasible, achievable, however tiny, negligible it is. We refuse empty ideals and discursive politics.
June 22, 2009 08:04:19
11. Living under a dictatorship, people die every day without a burial place.
June 22, 2009 10:49:21
12. The system implies manners and regulations. It is the prerequisite of playing games healthily. Here we want to inform the government: It is fine that you hold the power, but you should not engage in cheating; It is fine that you corrupt, but corruption should not be rampant; It is fine that you steal, but you should not be a pretentious theft.
July 3, 2009
13. “The freedom is always that of people who are different from you”, you will never live at ease as well without freedom of others.
July 3, 2009
14. Horror does not come from savageness and brutality but the universal acquiescence in brutality. Sadly.
July 4, 2009
15. The truth is no longer truth if only you possess the right to speak truth and you have become a fake yourself, simply an excuse for your existence. The whole meaning behind freedom of speech implies that the world is not the case, that is to say, it is meaningful when people are allowed to see the world in their own ways.
July 5, 2009
16. Let these be the last words: the persons who hate to sleep early at night and love to stroke the keyboards in front of monitors create a miracle of ending the last dark age.
August 2, 2009 01:45:55
17. In China, the none-government organization is basically the anti-government force, stop playing dumb, I have seen through your propaganda arms long time ago.
August 2, 2009 23:17:25
18. If Tan Zuoren is convicted, I should be convicted for the same charge. If he gets penalized, thus I will be penalized for the same charge.
August 3, 2009 22:08:46
19. The existence of sin is for testing our courage, sin proves us humiliatable by its existence, and we are part of social reality we expect least. If we are not pleased anymore, even the most arrogant tyrannies should get down on their knees.
August 3, 2009 22:47:32
20. We won’t feel sad anymore, the fact is the system deprived us of the rights of being happy, and the rights of being grieved.
August 4, 2009 21:45:08
21. To prove its innocence, verify its legitimacy and identify its sanity is what the country needs to do most, which is also what it fears most.
August 6, 2009 13:32:24
22. Life skills under a totalitarian regime: 1. No self-slavery nor self-harm before being enslaved and hurt; 2. Non-cooperation and no trust in the authority; 3. Respect yourself and speak for others. 4 Be no cynic nor superstitious; 5. Be happy in your days featuring a sense of shame; 6. Do one small thing daily to prove there exist justice.
August 6, 2009 14:39:25
23. We shall terminate the totalitarianism in our own hands, and therefore take this honor for granted to avenge generations of our fathers and grandfathers. We will pass on the offspring a brand new reality which is bright, lively and totally different.
August 10, 2009 19:26:06
24. We are more dead than alive because we are the kind of people who got to prove we are human beings. August 21, 2009 20:26:54
25. What a loser I am if I can not prove that my will and ideal concerns your joy as well as happiness.
August 21, 2009 20:29:39
26. You will disappear out of our sights so long as you return the right to vote back to us, and you will be gone forever. The shameful totalitarian regime, we won’t curse you anymore which only oblivion belongs to.
August 21, 2009 22:02:21
27. Thinking of our reality, we feel more excitement and gratefulness other than the fact that we have no choice and we despair. Humanity pushed that little issue of terminating ignorance and evil history to on our feet, as if to say: Go ahead, it is up to you.
August 22, 2009 17:20:55
28. If there is no judicial independence, everyone is put in jeopardy; If there is no freedom of the press, every single power is corrupt; If there is no freedom of speech, every single life has lived in vain. We don’t demand much but the right to live with innocence.
August 23, 2009 18:33:20
29. If there is one person who is still not free, then I am not; If there is one person who still suffer from insult and humiliation, then I do. Do you understand yet?
August 23, 2009 18:38:54
30. You shall never be forgiven unless you set free all the prisoners of dissident speeches, ideologies and political opinions.
August 23, 2009 18:41:32
31. I don’t believe in so-called intellectuals since I disdain their concept of honor and disgrace, disdain the fact that they only think instead of turning thoughts into action. I dub them pseudo-thinkers who are posers.
August 23, 2009 21:13:23
32. Interest groups have been formed, as well as their new pattern of power. They are done splitting up the spoils from international mighty economic entities to mines, resources as well as every inch of land. What remains is the course of reshuffle during which they would legalize, optimize and integrate their spoils ethically, regain the seemingly legitimate and reasonable political pattern, as well as manipulate the so-called new democracy. It is almost inevitable to occur.
August 23, 2009 21:26:09
33. This is why we pin our hopes on the internet: The greatest good can only be formed when self-emotion value and the emotion values of all the people grow naturally at the same time and the same place, and only this good is likely to defeat that evil of everywhere.
August 24, 2009 03:28:47
34. I attribute my success to treat everything from a human being’s perspective, to explain relationship between you and me from a human being’s emotion, although I am a monster myself.
August 24, 2009 22:12:18
35. We live under a ** system which must be cursed, and we will struggle to curse it until it dies in front of our eyes, or there will be absolutely no real happiness.
August 27, 2009 08:37:43
36. Will you become excited one day at the fact that it is merely your attitude, casual words and actions that caused the world upsetting you die?
August 28, 2009 08:25:28
37. What occurred 20 years ago was the massacre of lives of students, what occurs currently is the profanity of souls of students, and a generation had been twisted into idiots due to the trample of truth. As far as these 100,000 retards were concerned, they already outdid themselves this time by getting organized to do goose-stepping.
August 29, 2009 08:41:51
38. Every delight we had on Twitter is a death of dictatorship and totalitarianism.
September 3, 2009 08:45:53
39. The Gods, when you see the fear in the eyes of your opponents, who dare not face up to you but lower their heads, sidestep you and pretend that nothing has ever happened, will you feel depressed to have an enemy like that?
September 5, 2009 08:04:28
40. 早上起来的选择：1、是生命的一部分还是死亡的一部分 2、要真实还是要谎言 3、是快乐的还是腐朽的 4、去爱还是被遗弃 5、智慧还是脑残 6、微笑还是屈辱 7、声讨还是庆典 8、多一点勇敢还是多一点恐惧 9、做啥还是腥浪 10、自/由或是囚徒。
40. Choices after waking up: 1. To live or to die? 2. To be true or to lie? 3. To be lively or to decay? 4. To love or to be forsaken? 5. To be wise or to be idiotic? 6. To smile or to be humiliated? 7. To denounce or to celebrate? 8. To be more courageous or to be more fearful? 9. To take action or to be brainwashed? 10. To be free or to be jailed?
September 5, 2009 08:50:36
41. It is unimaginable that this body of sin would end up collapsing in the strokes of the keyboards. It is be your contempt that would breezily terminate a terror era and a disgrace to humanity.
September 5, 2009 10:37:20
42. Should a boy not be aware of the desires of a girl? And should an artist not understand the needs of the masses? If one cannot be taken advantage of, then he is useless.
September 5, 2009 11:05:50
43. In China, 320 people lose their lives at work everyday due to safety incidents. Every year 15,000 die as a result of industrial injuries. All these injuries and deaths sustain and spread while the whole society remains silent, unfairness and injustice is maintained under the acquiescence of the whole people.
September 11, 2009 18:35:35
44. Will the Shanghainese government apologize to those whom they have set up? If apologizing is an act between individuals of the same status, then apparently it will not be likely. In the eyes of the government, these individuals are merely treated as slaves, whilst the government sees itself as godly. This is the only way to understand the arrogance and rashness of the authorities.
October 26, 2009 23:35:08
45. The prissy Obama was said to visit the Chinese Communist Dynasty soon, would not this guy make an ambiguous statement on human rights issues then for their temporary national interests? It is disastrous wherever a leader without the substantial spirits of human rights and humanity is from.
November 3, 2009 16:28:10
46. For the American’s sneaky visit, the ideal of humanity was sold by these aged power systems in varying degrees. Being posers are not confined to any one country while making deals is everlasting, Are you ready to smack him with a brick?
November 3, 2009 19:23:22
47. In what sense may we call it a country? It establishes a powerful military while defying and trampling the righteous law; It congregates tens of millions of followers together while deviating from the common beliefs and wishes of mankind; It becomes fascinated with rapid changes while suffocating free speech; It features the largest population while supporting the most vicious system of education and health; It implements extreme power politics and dictatorship while conducting a triad-like organizational style.
November 9, 2009 06:21:19
48. Consciousness without action is a type of cunning, while action is self-salvation, as well as the most powerful meaning of life.
November 9, 2009 16:24:23
49. It is a great civilized country’s responsibility to express an attitude to a dictatorship, since more or less all civilizations take delight in other people’s misfortune so don’t pretend to be an almsgiver, or I would ask if you ever heard a term called “being a poser”?
November 13, 2009 08:04:14
50. The behavior of three hours of really careful search by Ministry of Public Security indicated there was no bottom line of morality and ethics for them. I was not surprised. I even laughed when I heard I was involved in “fraud”, at least they were sharing the honor with me.
November 19, 2009 05:07:14
51. What can they do to me? None other than deportation, kidnapping and imprisonment of me or make me completely vanish. They don’t feature imagination and creativity, and they are lack of happiness and the capability to soar up into the sky, what a pathetic political group.
November 19, 2009 05:41:06
52. The world is not changing if you don’t shoulder the burden of responsibility, and the world is still not changing if you do shoulder it, however, you are changing.
December 2, 2009 04:01:4
53. Darkness can not stand the test of questioning, just go ahead and bombard them with questions. One day you will find out that day dawns by questioning.
December 2, 2009 04:19:16
54. The answer ends up belonging to questioners, the right ends up belonging to right users, and the sin ends up needing us to point out its harm and evil. It is magic to live nowdays when we have no choice for morality and justice.
December 2, 2009 04:28:10
55. If AIDS really concerns everyone, Doctor Gao Yaojie would not have led a wretched life far from hometown. If everyone really considers the transparency, openness and fairness in government, as well as the citizen’s right to know and to monitor indispensable, then go ahead and call for the openness of May 12 earthquake information, and stand up for your own rights.
December 2, 2009 19:32:06
56. I will come back here since I belong here. Fear is not what I am willing to hold, and my biggest safety is connected with those who don’t even care about me.
December 11, 2009 09:03:24
57. A person can only be charged with subverting state power when the whole people turn cold, apathetic and indifferent, when the whole people neither inquire nor hear and even close their eyes to the facts, which is the basis of social ethics of the charge.
December 11, 2009 16:03:06
58. What happened here was simply understandable, it was certainly my concession which led to the arrogance of the dictatorship.
December 11, 2009 16:33:58
59. Sichuan, my pensive grief got nowhere to be placed on ever since you refuse to hand over dead children’s list after the earthquake; Sichuan, you refuse to speak out your filthy name today, and therefore my grief and indignation inevitably turns into flames.
December 15, 2009 04:41:54
60. Nowdays, Chinese can not wash out the shame brought by toleration of dictatorship and tyranny generation after generation unless we desperately noncooperate.
December 17, 2009 07:45:55
61. Merely possessing violence is not enough to arouse fear. What is enough to suffocate all the people is the fact that fear is caused by general recognition of strong power politics and the lack of compassion for sufferings of others.
December 23, 2009 13:41:49
62. Dictatorship is a story about death of others who turn out to be you coincidently.
December 25, 2009 17:25:00
63. As far as my motherland is concerned, if there’s gotta be one for me, it would be the internet which is sufficient to satisfy my imagination for space and boundary. In terms of the other so-called countries, go ahead and take them all.
December 29, 2009 14:44:39
64. The significance of education is to help the educated to be people of independence which indicates a state capable of self-perception and expression, and citizenship education is a guide which involves maintaining and undertaking human common values.
December 30, 2009 13:14:21
65. This most hopeless world begins to feature temperature, bustle, lights as well as possibilities of watching and listening attentively due to Twitter.
January 1, 2010 10:25:01
66. Scale, scale, what scale Han Han should use to cheer you up has always been haunting him.
January 9, 2010 18:18:53
67. 从谷歌之退看到的现实是悲喜交集，赢者知其赢，输者不知其输，荣者知其荣，耻者不知其耻。 #GoogleCN
67. Mixed feelings of grief and joy were aroused by Google’s China quit. The winner knew who the winner was, the loser did not deem him the loser, the honorable person knew what the honor was about, and the dishonorable person did not deem him the shame. #GoogleCN
January 13, 2010 02:17:10
68. The self-immolation movement, which is caused by forced demolition of the authorities, emits much carbon dioxide and unknown gas emissions which have incalculable impact on air quality and temperature change on the surface of the earth.
January 14, 2010 15:55:26
69. Short-sighted people see only defects of forced demolition, while ignoring huge profits and survival ethics deprived by the power. Forced demolition by the authorities is the largest as well as the most open and enduring organized crime in human history.
January 14, 2010 16:22:38
70. There has been an increase in execution efficiency and a decrease in execution cost from Yang Jia's judicial murder to today’s shot on the spot. It will be completed if consciousness of people is elevated to self-immolation.
January 16, 2010 18:06:38
71. Ethical basis of abolition of the death penalty considers value of life more important than all other human ethical values, and it is not the matter of willingness and unwillingness.
January 26, 2010 08:33:50
72. 四川政府不理解的是，谭作人是我们的一部分，最好的那一部分与我们同在，我们不会把他交出去。 #Tanzuoren
72. What the Sichuan government has not figured out is Tan Zuoren is a part of us. May the best part be with us, and we won’t hand him over. #Tanzuoren
February 9, 2010 08:42:46
73. There are no outdoor sports as graceful as throwing stones at a dictatorship in this world, and there are no interactive communications as exciting as the gang-fight style in the digital virtual world
March 10, 2010 08:03:08
74. If I may say so: The freedom of so-called social implication can only be achieved after the independent status of law is ensured.
March 17, 2010 23:47:41
75. 国家视说出事实的人、有见解的人、独立思考的人、愿意表达的人、没有恐惧的人视为自己的敌人。 #tanzuoren
75. The Country regards people of truth-telling, people of thoughtful ideas, people of independent thinking, people of willingly expression and people of fearlessness as his enemies. #tanzuoren
March 28, 2010 08:05:06
76. 犯贱的独裁者总是把鞭子递到你的手中。 #tanzuoren
76. Shameless dictators always pass whip to your hand. #tanzuoren
March 28, 2010 08:08:14
77. Everyone ignores me from now on, and they are not concerned about what I’ve said as well as my plight. Unfortunately, my plight is also the plight of China.
March 29, 2010 15:52:39
78. If you are hoping to dig into your motherland, you have already been led into a life of crime. #zhaolianhai
March 30, 2010 09:49:02
79. You will become what your opponents want you to be when you are in despair, when you are insensitive, when you quit and don’t care anymore.
April 2, 2010 12:05:47
80. Lie and violence are two backbones of dictatorship, it may also be said that lie is an alternative violence.
April 8, 2010 06:40:59
81. Half of what the country has been endeavoring to do is severing the possibilities of obtaining information and communications of the people, another half is sending those who are willing to share the right answers they have with others to prison.
April 16, 2010 22:07:51
82. It would be more substantial to say you have nothing to do with primate species rather than politics.
April 16, 2010 22:18:12
83. You overtop country and law, your political position is untouchable and unquestionable, you can put a dissident to death or let him disappear, you maintain yourself by means of creating menaces and lies, you cover up things, tamper with things, act shamelessly, cheat and plunder, you still ain’t got guts to admit that you are a mafia gang?
April 16, 2010 22:30:48
I merely defend one kind of system which is permitted to be subverted.
April 20, 2010 06:53:51
85. The nature of earthquake victims’ death in China was a murder, and there was evidence-destroying following the earthquake.
April 20, 2010 23:54:29
86. There are merely two types of governments in the world, one type is the democracy which pursues criticism, and another is the dictatorship which pursues doom.
May 2, 2010 11:35:15
87. 不是每一处房屋都会倒下，不是每一个生命都会被忘记，不是每一座桥梁一定被阻断，不是每一个祈愿一定被谎言 。《念》
87. Neither every single house will collapse nor every single life be forgotten. Neither every single bridge must be broken nor every single prayer be deceived. 《Commemoration》
May 12, 2010 07:24:51
88. A totalitarian regime won’t make you disappear, but make your emotion and will completely vanish.
May 13, 2010 02:12:41
89. There are two times of “Agrarian Revolution”. The first time of “overthrow the local despots and distribute land” was about seizing wealth and power in the name of the people. The second time is currently depriving peasants of the land which belongs to the whole people by deceptive means to stabilize the regime and benefit the minority gigantically.
May 21, 2010 08:11:32
90. You have lived your life in vain if you have not been extreme or radical. If you are not a commie fucker yet in China, you should have been reborn.
May 21, 2010 08:34:43
91. Each inch of land does not belong to you, but they can imprison you easily.
May 21, 2010 09:10:19
92. The Foxconn suicide cluster is completed by a resultant force accumulated by everyone who uses Made-In-China products, though you do not know or pretend to be unknown.
May 28, 2010 11:14:47
93. If you love life, you already have been a potential enemy of the country.
June 9, 2010 08:35:47
94. Each single anonymity is a surrender to the power.
June 13, 2010 07:42:50
95. Every piece of arrogance of the dictatorship is established upon cowardice of anonyms.
June 13, 2010 09:06:57
96. I can be patriotic. Preconditions are convincing myself to enjoy eating shit, being whipped, being trampled, being forgotten and altered, to enjoy violence and deception, lying and theft, laziness and silliness, as well as to betray my Llama, then I can brag unblushingly: I am patriotic.
June 15, 2010 20:35:28
97. 如果我被官方指控 ，我将以沉默的方式放弃辩护、放弃上诉 、放弃任何类型的合作以示抗议，并表达对现有司法体系的蔑视。
97. If the regime prosecutes me, I will protest by giving up defense, appeal and all types of cooperation in a silent way, as well as express nothing but contempt for current judicial system.
June 28, 2010 09:26:21
98. Either owing privilege with tolerance or owing emotion with compassion.
July 6, 2010 08:05:47